CARES Act Required Information
澳门威尼斯人注册网站this information is required by the department of education since csc has received cares act funds:
- An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $254,729.00.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
- To-date, (July 6, 2020), $101,250 has been distributed directly to students. A second distribution will be given in Fall 2020.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution who are or could be eligible to participate in the Federal student financial aid programs under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, and thus are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Bacone College determined that approximately 174 students were eligible for funding.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- To-date (July 6, 2020), 135 students have received one payment of $750. The remainder, 39 students who are thought to also be eligible, have not signed a CARES Act Student Agreement and have not received payment to-date.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Learn about eligiblity requirements in our CARES Act Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
- Bacone College students who were enrolled in traditional on-campus courses on March 23, 2020 may be eligible for CARES Act funding. Learn about eligiblity requirements in our CARES Act Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ.
- Students: if you believe you are eligible for a CARES Act payment, please update your student contact information using this online form. A representative will contact you. Please note you will be required to fill out this CARES Act Student Agreement in addition to meeting all eligibility requirements to receive funding.
MUSKOGEE, OKLAHOMA – APRIL 17, 2020
due to the current covid-19 pandemic and its disruption of life and businesses, including bacone college’s plans to hold its annual commencement on may 2, the school has decided to postpone commencement until dec. 12, 2020.
“we know how important a commencement ceremony is to graduates and their families, and we sincerely want them to have their moment to walk across the stage,” said bacone college president dr. ferlin clark. “though their walk will be delayed, receiving their diplomas will not once they have met all requirements for graduation.”
for those who are completing their program in may, degrees will be posted to transcripts as soon as the office of the registrar confirms that all academic requirements have been completed and the business office confirms that accounts are paid.
any student needing confirmation of their degree for employment, application for further education or other purposes can receive an official transcript upon request.
澳门威尼斯人注册网站when all requirements are met, graduates should receive their diplomas in approximately 60 days upon request. all students who complete in may, august or december, will be invited to walk in the december graduation ceremony.
Bacone College will continue to keep graduates and the community informed as more concrete plans develop. In the meantime, questions may be directed to Vice President for Student Affairs Kaila Harjo at [email protected] or at 918-360-7771 or Vice President for Academic Affairs Leroy Thompson at [email protected] 澳门威尼斯人注册网站or at 918-360-9694.
Bacone College’s Spring 2020 Pow Wow on April 4, sponsored by the Osage Nation Casino Hotel, has been postponed. Please continue to watch for updated information on our website, springcreekfl.com, and on our social media pages as the college will make announcements when the details for the new date have been confirmed.
tuesday, march 17, 2020
bacone college will extend the online classes to the end of the semester. ” we are taking these measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community,” said bacone college president dr. ferlin clark.
澳门威尼斯人注册网站students leaving campus now or who have already left campus may leave their personal belongings in dorms and return to pick them up when they feel safe and comfortable in doing so. campus security will remain in place.
澳门威尼斯人注册网站faculty are not required to be on campus as they teach their courses online using zoom and moodle.
students will login to moodle to complete assignments and utilize zoom sessions for participation. these steps will constitute the attendance component of classes for the remainder of the semester.
澳门威尼斯人注册网站college activities and events through the end of the semester, including the april 4 spring pow wow, have been postponed. new dates will be announced at a later time.
the may 2 commencement remains scheduled as planned, but should it become necessary to postpone, the college will notify students, faculty, and staff through campus email and on the college’s website, springcreekfl.com.
For more information, please contact Vice President of Student Affairs Kaila Harjo at [email protected]
澳门威尼斯人注册网站friday, march 13, 2020
澳门威尼斯人注册网站bacone college was notified today that the association of independent institutions (aii) has suspended all conference practices and competitions due to concerns about novel coronavirus (covid-19).
consequently, all bacone college athletic practices and competitions have also been suspended indefinitely.
the health and safety of our students is of utmost importance, and as such, the college will continue to follow the guidance of the aii and the national association of intercollegiate athletics (naia) and keep the campus and community informed.
For more information regarding athletic practices and competitions, please contact Dr. Nicole Been at [email protected].
wednesday, march 11, 2020
after careful review of centers for disease control statistics and world health organization recommendations regarding the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic, and in light of two individuals testing positive for the virus in the tulsa area, bacone college will proceed with precautionary social-distancing measures for the next two weeks.
澳门威尼斯人注册网站though spring break will continue as planned march 16 through march 20, we encourage all to practice appropriate health measures and exercise common sense. bacone college classes for the week of march 23 through march 27 will be held online.
students will login to moodle to complete assignments and utilize zoom sessions for participation. these steps will constitute the attendance component of classes for that week.
if a student is unable to return to campus after spring break, and they will not have internet or moodle access at home, they should contact their instructors immediately for further instructions.
there will not be academic forgiveness for work not completed and online classes not attended if the instructor has not been contacted to make other arrangements. classes on campus will resume at their regularly scheduled times on monday, march 30.
the dining hall will resume operations after spring break at 5:30 p.m. sunday, march 22. however, for the week of march 23 through march 27, the cafeteria will serve meals on the usual weekend schedule. the cafeteria will resume normal operations on monday, march 30.
澳门威尼斯人注册网站the campus is not closed, and no events have been postponed or canceled at this time. employees should check with their supervisors for further instructions.
澳门威尼斯人注册网站our students’ well-being is of the utmost importance to us, and we hope these two weeks of reducing social interaction will protect everyone’s health, safety and well-being.
For more information, contact Kaila Harjo, vice president of student affairs, via email at [email protected].